The City Treasurer’s Office is responsible in the efficient and effective collection of the Local Revenues pursuant to the Revenue Ordinances.
Take charge of the disbursement of all Local Government funds and such other funds and to ensure the proper management of expenditures.
CITY TREASURER FUNCTIONS
The City Treasurer shall take charge of the city treasury office and shall;
- Advice the City Mayor, the sangguniang panglungsod and the other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds and on such other matters relative to public finance;
- Take custody and exercise proper management of the funds of the City;
- Take charge of the disbursement of all funds of the City and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
- Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the City in relation to the implementations of tax ordinances pursuant to the provisions of the Local Government Code of 1991;
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the City; and
- Perform such other duties and functions and exercise suck other powers as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, and those that are prescribed by law or ordinance.