- It is the office responsible in poverty alleviation through the promotion of entrepreneurship, livelihood education, development and job creation to the marginalized sectors of the city.
- To conduct livelihood seminars, skills training, techno-demos and exposure tours for the development and promotion of livelihood and entrepreneurship;
- To provide livelihood assistance to qualified city program beneficiaries to be used as start-up capital or expansion of their business enterprise;
- To identify sources of project financing in the form of loans or grants from any government or private institution for our city-assisted livelihood groups;
- To establish product quality standards and branding in the promotion of excellent local products ensuring consumer recognition and confidence;
- To promote collaboration and linkages with other government agencies (GAs), Non-Government Organizations (NGOs), and the private sector to realize the full growth potentials of the City Livelihood Development Program.